Shilajit How It Can Benefit You
It sounds other like some exotic piece of clothing or an even more exotic swear word but it’s actually an Ayurveda (ancient Indian healing system), a term which means “nectar of the gods”. I’d say they are definitely right!
All of our bodies are different—some superfoods and herbs that you take may not have the same effect on me. When I take Shilajit, I truly feel different. This is a true beauty and vitality booster that will put a bounce in your step.
Before I start the long list of its virtues, let me share a little more about where it comes from. Shilajit is a thick, brownish-black soft resin that seeps out of cracks in Himalayan rocks. The resin is composed of organic plant material from centuries ago that fill it with vitamins, nutrients, and minerals. Yes, I know. It sounds kind of gross when I put it like that, doesn’t it? But it’s been used for thousands of years for healing purposes. I have to admit, I can’t help but wonder who the first rock licker was that discovered how amazing Shilajit really is. (ha ha)
Shilajit has an amazing number of minerals—85! That includes nutrients like fulvic and humic acid (find out more about fulvic and humic minerals) . Prepare yourself. I am about to rant and rave about the many wonders of Shilajit. Sit down, it’s a long list. Here I go:
– Helps your body recover from mental and physical stress (yep, it’s an adaptogen)
– Enhances brain function (we all need a little help with that from time to time 😉
– Stimulates the circulatory system
– Treats muscle aches and inflammation
– Helps relieve anxiety and depression
– Helps with chronic fatigue and adrenal burnout
– Protects the body with anti-microbial stimulus
– Metabolism booster
– Protects the liver
– Enzyme production and digestion enhancer
– Increases energy
– Increase libido (woo hoo!)
– Anti-aging properties
– Hormonal balance
– Removes toxins stored in your body
– Helps anemia
– Helps with kidney stones
– Helps reduce ulcers
– Vitality rejuvenator
– Helps maintain blood sugar levels
– Boosts immune system.
Plus, it’s a powerful antioxidant that helps fight free radical in your body.
You may want to reread that list. It’s pretty amazing.
You can take up to 1 teaspoon, 3 times a day. If you are diabetic, pregnant, have low blood pressure, or are on iron supplements, you’ll have to find a different rock to lick. This is definitely not for you.
It is for the rest of you though. Give it a try. There’s so little to lose and so much to gain by including Shilajit in your diet.