Try this Avocado mask to instantly moisturize your skin:
1. Blend or mash one half of a avocado.
2. Add 1 teaspoon EACH of flaxseed or coconut oil and honey.
3. Mix together until smooth
4. Apply to face and let sit for 15-20 minutes.
5. Rinse clean with warm water. Tone and moisturize.
The Avocado’s high fat content is equally beneficial when ingested. To energize your day, add half an Avocado to a blender with nut milk, dates and frozen berries to make a creamy, nutty-flavored morning smoothie. Avocado is low in saturated fatty acids associated with the ‘bad’ cholesterol LDL and higher in monosaturated fats. When added to a salad, the fat in the avocado helps to boost the overall absorption of fat-soluble carotenoids in a salad. Avocado is a good source of the essential Omega-3 fatty acids, which support cognitive functioning, anti-aging and may reduce the risk of chronic diseases (heart disease, cancer, arthritis).